Wednesday, 29 December 2010

IMG_1213

My mum gave me this lovely vintage tea cup and the Cath Kidston table cloth. This year is marking a trend of me receiving joint items with D or simply more "grown up" presents- aka cook books, candles, wine glasses etc. I seem to have morphed from young woman who wants bags or clothes into a proud home maker (in people's eyes at least). I'm not sure how I feel about that as I don't feel at all ready to really settle down, living in the London rat race. I get itchy feet easily.
Anyway, Christmas was a subdued affair for me, my mother didn't buy a tree as she's now left for France for 3 months and obviously I'm not living at home. It was very strange waving her off, but hopefully I'll fly out to see her at some point.

As for the outfit- I found the shorts in the Topshop sale, the belt was my mother's, necklaces from market and Miss Selfridge, the shirt is vintage (but does belong to my boyfriend- as does the jumper), the jumper is amazingly cosy, a present from D's mother to him. Not sure what my hands are doing in the photo.
On other news, me and D are going to Berlin tomorrow, for New Year's! I've been before but thought it would be something different to do than the usual drunkenness with D's siblings in a North London pub. I hope to take lots of photos but hopefully not spend too much... (she says not at all convincingly) .

IMG_1215
IMG_1216
IMG_1221

18 comments:

  1. that tea cup is very cute! I like what you're wearing

    hope you'll visit/follow
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jumper! Hope your Mum has a lovely time in France - whereabouts is she going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment :)
    You look lovely here! And I can't wait to get my own place so I can get loads of homey stuff for Christmas. Cath Kidston is the best,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous little teacup! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow have a loooovely time in Berlin, what a great place to go to for New Years!
    I am such a child that I would be dissapointed if anyone got me any serious grown up presents, I don't ever want to get grown up presents, not even when I'm old, and I keep telling people this haha ;)

    I wish you all the best for the New Year darling, looking forward to reading your blog in 2011 :)
    Lots of love
    Harlow
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that jumper looks so very comfortable! I often find myself tempted to buy clothes from the mens side just because they look so incredibly cozy. But I refrain, or just pretend that I am buying for my dad or brother...

    Lovely post dear!

    xx and hugs

    Jhordyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like some grown up presents, like cookbooks, but I still prefer getting dresses, jelwery etc. Oh your tea cup and saucer are beautiful! So too is the table cloth, I adore Cath Kidston but most of her stuff is pricey.

    Have fun in Berlin, lucky you:)

    I should be seeing The Kings Speech tonight, I'll let you know how it goes.

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love getting grown up presents, especially if it includes Cath Kidston!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the shorts are gorgeous, have an amazing time in Berlin!! How exciting!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That teacup is adorable !! i want one now hehe :)

    please check out my blog and follow if youu like !!

    http://livinginwonderlandx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous presents! Thats great that they are buying you more grown up things. I'm still in the inbetween where I keep getting given money by my parents since they don't know what to buy me!

    Loving your outfit too, sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How jealous am I that you are a hop, skip, and a jump from Berlin!! What a wonderful New Years trip! I'll probably be in bed as it's too cold to go outside anywhere! Hope you have a wonderful new year AND lovely outfit!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, LOVE your outfit.
    Thank you for stopping by, happy new years!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, i love this blog! :D
    that teacup looks so lovely :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just to let you know, I LOVED the Kings Speech. It is truly a work of art, you must see it if you can:D

    xx Carina
    P.S Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the checkered shirt is very pretty!

    happy new year to you and thankyou for reading K is for KANI and i wish you all the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous pictures! LOVE it! A friend of mine just came back from Berlin & said she was beyond freezing...although we're from CA so we're always cold when we're not here, haha.

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3