Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Nearer and nearer

Since last I wrote we've had our work Christmas party (very early due to a couple of members of staff taking pretty long holidays), which was pretty good- lots and lots of tapas, and free flowing sangria and wine. Sadly it was on a Tuesday so I tried not to indulge too much (no headache= result).
This weekend I visited Stonehenge, Avebury and Glastonbury with a few friends. We passed by Worthy Farm and it was rather strange seeing the festival fields all empty!
Anyway, all very impressive but cold!

IMG_1048
IMG_1059
IMG_1127

I've also worked on my final written assignment for my travel writing class- a 1000 word article. It was my first assignment since leaving university, and obviously 1000 words doesn't seem like a lot and it doesn't count towards anything the way it does at uni, but still, I'd quite like to do well. I don't really see myself becoming a "proper" travel writing, even taking into account how hard it is to get into, it's so all over the place- you might have to drop everything and go somewhere at a moment's notice, you'll miss important events, and see amazing places on your own. You also don't earn much. Still...

IMG_1142

IMG_1150
Getting nearer...

And hopefully I'll have some proper outfit photos on soon.

17 comments:

  1. aw beautiful pictures :)

    BM

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet photos. We have our work do beginning tomorrow evening, it's a 2 night murder mystery in a medieval house they've rented. Very la-de-dah!

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos, the light is gorgeous! Missing England now, going home on Friday, and planning to hit up Topshop on Sunday! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures, the one with the bike is my fave, it looks so wonderfully vintage ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! You got to see Stonehenge??? You are sooooo lucky! That's amazing! Great pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just read your sweet commet, thank you )


    BM

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. And you're interested in travel writing? So am I, well I guess I'm quite undecided at this point as to what I want to do, but definitely anything to do with journalism that would involve travel. I dream of seeing more of the world:) Congrats on finishing the piece!

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find stonehenge such a eerie place. Like something big has gone on here and I don't know about it. Very much the stone equivalent of an elephant in the room. I've never been to Glastonbury but I remember being on the train after that festival and everyone was very dirty. lol

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  9. {what beautiful photographs}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sepia photos. And I just have to say, I love your grammatical tights from a few post down! They are fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photographs! Travel writing would be amazing, I would love to do something like that. Lovely blog, dear. I'm glad I found it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a lovely time dear, beautiful photographas as well <3

    xx and hugs

    Jhordyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful pictures.
    i have always wanted to go to stonehenge.
    it looks so wonderful.. i am so jealous.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  14. i drive past stonehenge when i visit my devon-based sister, but i've never gone up to it! i'm loving advent too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are all so amazing! I love them. Eeep..really love your blog too! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful photos. I can't believe I'm yet to put Stonehenge on my "places to visit" list for when I hit the UK next year. Silly, silly. Good luck with your travel writing class!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow the photos are gorgeous - really makes me regret not waking up to catch my bus out to stonehenge!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3