Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Walking in the air

Snow has of course caused a lot of chaos across the UK. Most of my work colleagues are desperately trying to get back to France for Christmas and are facing 7 hours of queues at St Pancras for the Eurostar- madness! I know I'm lucky to only have to contemplate going from North London to North West London (although if there's an ounce of dry ice on the roads my mum will not pick me up).
Finally I am counting down the hours- 1 day of work left!! Tomorrow will drag a lot I fear, some people have already left but sadly the boss is pretty much the grinch and the office will close on thursday at 5pm with everyone working until then. Luckily I took it off.
The weekend just gone was a strange one. I've never in my 24 years seen so much snow in London. Saturday was eerily quiet, really a very odd thing indeed in London, to not hear buses and cars and so on.
We went for a walk in Highgate Wood which looked very much like Narnia (apart from the lack of lampposts).

IMG_1167

IMG_1162
IMG_1163
IMG_1173
IMG_1172
Hat from Primark, coat Topshop, boots New Look, scarf knitted by my mum :)
IMG_1182
IMG_1186
Snow Angel :)
IMG_1181
Also, it's about time D's amazing coat got an introduction. You can't really tell here but it is proper royal blue.
IMG_1169
What I heart above all is the lining:
IMG_1175
But best of all is the bargainous price- £5 from a closing down vintage shop off Brick Lane..

In reference to the title, we got to the large playing field in the wood and saw some boys building a snow man.. I do love Raymond Briggs' Snowman, so so sad but it must be watched every Christmas :)
IMG_1184
IMG_1161
IMG_1187

23 comments:

  1. I love your home-made scarf! I really should learn to knit and attempt to make my own.

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh the snow looks lovely where you are!

    thanks for your comment on my blog - happy christmas!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your handmade scarf looks so perfect for the snow. I love all your layers, but I'm sure it was also completely necessary to have to bare the cold!



    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Narnia! It really does look like you've crawled through the magic wardrobe into a winter wonderland, it looks so beautiful and fun! Though, I hope the snow doesn't cause too much havoc to your Christmas plans!
    The lining of that coat is fabulous, what an awesome bargain :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lining! I love your coat, too, especially with the scarf. Very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment I love your blog! That coat really does have a fantastic lining. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank-you for your comment :]
    hehe ooh thank-you good idea, i'll have a look now. I know they are so nice! :'] Ooh thank-you very much. I love your pictures below of the trees are they film? x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your blog is incredible. especially the photos below <3
    Would love for you to check out mine :)
    http://livinginwonderland-t.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a beautiful day my dear. It has been snowing quite a lot here as well, but when you live here you come to expect ridiculous amounts of snow in the winter months. I love how winter days like these can take you off to far away lands!

    xx and hugs

    Jhordyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first picture is gorgeous, and I love your hat!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh snow...your pictures of it are beautiful. I've got to make me a snowman and do an outfit pic with him! hehe. I love your cozy outfit! I'd love to see more cold knees outfits!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful photography, I love the one with the berries, or are they flowers?

    I have been reading so much about the snow fall in Europe, all the trouble its causing! The snow is an attraction to me, as I've never seen real snow before, but I'm sure it can be annoying at times, especially this year.

    You're off work! Yay, thats a relief. Hope you have a very enjoyable Christmas break.

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are just lovely. The snow here is borderline brown instead of a bright winter white. I'm a liiiiiitle jealous!

    And that scarf is adorable! I just learned how to knit a few days ago and I'm sososo impressed with that scarf. Tell your mom it's realllllllllllllly cute!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow your right, it does look like Narnia!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG your scarf is gorgeous!!! There's so much snow where I am Im snowed in!! Not good!
    Nicole xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh i love your coat!! and the photos are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore these photos! the snow is gorgeous <3 you look amazing! tell your mom the scarf is perfect :) traveling in europe sounds like craziness!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. looking so chic in the snow! x

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hayhay!
    How are you? Your blog is great and I love your style! I'm glad that I've visited yours.

    Please, check mine, & maybe we can follow eachother? + join my giveaway!

    Thanks and love,
    Cindy from www.glamourblog.tk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh what an amazing find, a pattern like that demands to be adored, you should really pursuade him to wear it inside-out atleast once ;)

    Hope you have a lovely Christmas m'dear!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, these photos are stunning - just like a winter wonderland! I adore the scarf. Gorgeous as always dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I seriously love all the pics on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3