Saturday, 26 February 2011

geriatric cat

I'm currently trying to type whilst juggling the cat on my lap (=claws digging into my legs and tail sweeping the keyboard). Today we finally got to the end of the antibiotics and it has been a major struggle right to the end. The day before yesterday I left D to do it alone as he had the day off and it resulted in a stressful situation (growling was involved, on both sides perhaps) and no pills were swallowed, having to be sprinkled on his food. Which he barely touched (why are cats so clever?) even though it was well mixed into the wet food. Yesterday he only swallowed one and he still won't eat the other (it's too mushy to shove down him), even coated in the nicest cat food imaginable. He seems quite contented the rest of the time, but we're still waiting on some analysis thing. He is nearly 17, a geriatric quoth the vet.

Aside from my cat, I'm proud to have stuck to my shopping ban quite well (not that I banned myself for that long)- last month I was over £500 overdrawn, a sad state of affairs. My problem is being bored at work and receiving emails from Asos tempting me with free delivery, browsing Topshop and UO websites etc. Also my travel writing course set me back a fair bit.

A random selection of images- Primark hairband that everyone seems to have now (it is rather lovely for the price), wistful Bwackums looking out the window, random selection from weheartit (the last one relates to Alice in Wonderland :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

20 comments:

  1. Hey Cat, hey Beatrix Potter. You're nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! i miss my tea set :(
    haha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, I hope you manage to get your cat to take his tablets, they can be so wise sometimes even if you think you've been really cunning hah!
    I love the pictures you've posted, so cute :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank-you for yet another lovely comment my dear,
    definitely! you should, i love diy! eugh tell me about it! i've not been doing to well.. oh well lovely pictures sugar, i love that hairband i've got it to <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable pictures! and I love your description of your geriatric cat, haha. Old cats are so cute, the way they walk with stiff limbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let you know I'm doing a GIVEAWAY! On my site!
    www.meugh.co.uk/2011/01/first-of-giveawayss.html
    Over £100 worth of products to be won!
    You should enter! :)
    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm my Duchess HATES taking any medicine that is pill form but what I've found does the trick is to grind the tablets into a fine paste with a pinch of water and then suck it up with a syringe and squirt it into the mouth. Like, you know they have those worming paste syringes that they sell? Kind of like that, it makes sure that they get the entire contents of the medicines into their mouth and swallow all of it. Hope this helps!

    Love that headband btw, very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww your cat sounds really darling. Ah online shopping is sooo tempting, but its great that you've sort of restrained yourself! http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kitty is also 17, when needs pills we put in petit filous yoghurt! just a dab on the end of a teaspoon with the pill, works every time...then he gets to finish the pot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these images. i remember those rabbit books, i think i still have some at home :)

    hope you'll visit/follow
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have had to take a break from spending, but I have to agree the temptations are horrid. Lovely photos dear, I especially adore the Beatrix Potter one!

    xx and hugs

    Jhordyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope everything ends up OK for your cat!
    And I have that headband and love it. Sweet pictures,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you've done well to get to the end of the tablets without serious injury on either side! He's a very handsome cat isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's all so cute! The illustrations are beautiful. Lovely post. Thanks for the really sweet comment, new post up :)
    www.swampedinflowers.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely post, so cute!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that primark headband its so pretty :) X

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the mustache tshirt and i hope your cat feels better!! reading about the pill battle made me smile, my dog who loves food wouldn't tough anything with medicine in it, they are just to darn smart when it comes to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like these photos!! :))


    www.thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3