Monday, 21 February 2011

Get Cape. Don't wear Cape. (flying optional)

1
IMG_1617

I'm ashamed to say I bought this cape from H n M probably in September and it has since only had one little outing, to Sainsbury's. So I rectified the situation and took the cape to the Wellcome Collection to catch the "High Society" exhibition before it closes. It explores the history of mind-altering drugs through the ages, from Native American rites with hallucinogenics, Victorian cough pastilles with heroin, the USA's Prohibition to today's demonisation..interesting stuff. And let's not forget the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland. Although the film extract was from a very scary sixties black and white TV film version (staring Sammy Davis Jr and Zsa zsa Gabor as respectively the Cheshire Cat and the Red Queen).
And finally the clogs had a proper outing too! Although I had hoped that it would be just a case of getting on and off a bus and walking round the Wellcome Collection but no, D decided he wanted to look round some record shops near Tottenham Court Road, which was no fun at all to walk down. The lesson: they're comfortable but if you have poor balance, you need an obliging boyfriend by your side. And don't walk on uneven paving.







IMG_1635
Mr Bwackums is none too happy with me and D. The vet seemed to think there would be no problem in giving him a worming tablet, anti biotics and probiotics. Error. Not only is Bwackums the scardiest cat ever, he absolutely hates being picked up, handled and forced into anything he doesn't want. Prising open his mouth, shoving tablets or liquid into it then clamping down until he swallows is no fun experience. Hopefully he'll forgive me eventually, though there's five more days of treatment to go! (I already have two scratches on my hand..)

1
IMG_1624
I'm trying to be more creative with my time. Here some new friends of mine (taken from an LP of D's), though they don't look very rock n roll to me, more companions of Jemima Puddle Duck perhaps.

Also I wanted to say thanks for comments on my previous post. I didn't mean to sound too melodramatic. There's only a week til March now anyway.

30 comments:

  1. Really loving the swans :) Was that exhibition good? I kept meaning to go but haven't.. guess it is closed now? Haha my mum has TOO many scratches from our cats over the years from this kind of medication. Our most timid cat broke her tail once and needed bandages and tablets every day - mum nealry lost an arm.. :)

    R x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pics! I love the shoes!
    follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!
    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, trying to shove pills down a cat is NOT fun! Our old cat needed them all the time and it was like going to war - you'd end up covered in blood!

    The cape is very cute and I like the clogs a lot. Are they comfy? I always imagine that they're quite hard on the feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cat!! I have the exact same problem with capes, I have two which I never seem to wear, although I would love to! The exhibition sounds really interesting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cape! The drawings are so cute. Thanks for the wonderful comment, new post up!
    www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, that cape + your clogs are absolutely gorgeous! And oh my goodness cats can be so stubborn to pill. I have resorted to mashing up the pills in my cats wet food, because he just WON'T co-operate. Best of luck with your little guy. ;-) xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  7. the clogs are wicked!
    xo
    http://madisonsassortment.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That exhibition sounds ridiculously fascinating... I have an odd interest in the history/societal uses of drugs. I've spent countless nights on Wikipedia looking these things up!

    In other news, your clogs are fantastic.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the swans! I miss those about europe too...dont think I've ever even seen one here! Glad that cape got out and about too!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely ducky drawings, so cute. lovely clogs too and cute kitty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute swans! And love the clogs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank-you for the comment my lovely,
    ohh really thank-you i'll follow you on twitter too! :)
    i'm in love with the clogs <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. That exhibit sounds very interesting!!! I totally agree with you about needing a boy for balance when wearing clogs, I'm not brave enough to wear the proper sort of clog clogs you've got, but I have enough trouble with my sandle type clogs as it is :P
    Hope dear Bwackums starts to feel better soon, I know only too well how difficult and stubborn kitties are when it comes to taking any kind of tablet or worming paste *sigh*

    ps;
    You really ought to paint more, your swans are lovely and make a gorgeous banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the cape and clogs, and the exhibition sounds really interesting :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the pictures of the ducks they're really good :) ha I used to love jemmima puddle duck when I was little!
    Shoes are gorgeous, but I wouldnt be able to walk in those unless they are firmly strapped to my ankle. I would most definatley go flying! x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing post!i’ve just discovered your blog and it’s fantastic :Dif you want to follo me i’ll follow you back :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cape dear, I never seem to have much luck in H&M, wish I'd spotted this! That exhibition sounds well interesting, I hate not living in London!!

    Lovely blog altogether - following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your cape, and shoes! Great sketches too x

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice drawings! love your clogs!








    LA

    ReplyDelete
  20. the cape looks great on you! hopefully you'll get some more wear out of it in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your clogs look awesome!!! and that cape looks so cool, those sketches are beautiful i wish i could draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your clogs:) that exhibition sounds so interesting, I find the idea so intriguing! I love your little swans :D so sweet :))
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm guilty of buying clothes and having them sit in my closet for awhile. There are still pieces that I haven't worn in over a year with tags still in tact! I really should do some rectifying myself.


    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. haha, loving the post title. I can see how uneven paving could be the enemy of those clogs! You did well though :) Digging the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. my cats ill at the moment aswell, and we have a big seringe to put io his mouth.. HE IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT.. he hiss's! it's so rude!
    we think he has worms too tho coz he does not stop eating.. and because he ate so much of our kittens food.. that made him ill. idiot!
    the exhibition sounds intersting... herion sweets? amazing.. luckily for you march is round the corner.. hopefully it will be a better month!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. cute coat and love the sketches xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely clogs! :)
    and OHHH I LOVE CATS!!!

    cats>dogs :D

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  28. whaaat, you should wear more often - it's looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3