Friday, 4 February 2011

waistcoats

Work is really stretching me to crisis point at the moment. Well, not a real crisis yet, but nearly. A recruitment company rang up when I was in Berlin asking for me, saying I'd applied for a job! I have no idea who they were or what job it was, but the problem part is my boss picked up the phone and told the other boss too. I only know because one of my colleagues accidentally overheard it all, but I don't really need my bosses to secretly hate me any more than they already do (with all the passing me over in favour of my colleague stuff).
Still, yesterday I did something positive and went to see my mum's friend who is a life coach and also interview technique helper. We did a mock interview for the sort of job I'd apply for and then went over some tips and ideas. It was pretty useful and she was quite positive about how I present myself. It's just a bummer we're in such difficult times these days with literally hundreds of people going for the same job.
Tomorrow I may go to a Vintage Fair held at the Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes. I expect it to be quite pricey but worth a little look around anyway. (I'm sort of on a self-imposed shopping ban due to being seriously in my overdraft last month..)


IMG_1585
IMG_1584
IMG_1580
IMG_1586
IMG_1582

I picked up this waistcoat at the Berlin flea market for a euro, rude not to even though I don't usually do waistcoats- I find them quite hard to style, as I'm not that creative with layering. Underneath is a Primark sheer blouse thing, heart tights and Asos wedges. (I did put on some shorts after, I realise it looks a little risque)



Today I was putting a property on our website at work and was quite charmed by this image. It's in a barn to renovate in the middle of the French countryside (for only €88,000).

27 comments:

  1. Oh I really like the oversized waistcoat with the sheer blouse underneath. Very romantic :)

    Sorry to hear work is still not good. The interview practise sounds like a really positive step forward though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waistcoat looks great! And that last image is definitely charming.
    Hope things at work pick up,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waistcoat looks really good, such a steal!
    I hope things at work get better, at least you've had good advice about interviews :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what an awful thing to happen, and even worse that it wasn't even for a job you'd applied for! Hope things pick up soon for you.

    I don't think I've ever worn a waistcoat either, I might take your lead and give it a go this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about what happened at your job. I try to avoid all kinds of secret tension at work too.
    I love your waistcoat.


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wasitcoat is so cute! :) uhh, work tension is sometimes inevitable but try to not let it get to you! Its good that you come across well in interviews, will definitely work in your favour if you ever have to look for a new job!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would totally be the most stylish at an interview! I hate job hunting...its so stressful and annoying! Hope you have a good weekend anyways!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The waistcoat is so rad, and the shoes mmmmm <3 Thanks for the lovely comment, some of my collection is available to buy now if you're interested :)
    www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so wonderful, and look beautiful! I hope work beings to be less demanding, and that you have a lovely time at the fair! It's always such a treat to visit Vintage fairs, there are always some delightful purchases to be had :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to see a life coach/interview expert! That sounds like it would be very helpful and enlightening. Also, I love the sheer sleeves on your outfit...so pretty and ethereal :)

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the waistcoat! Thanks for your sugestions on Rome - will definitely do that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! What a crappy thing for your bosses to find out about, especially as you didn't apply. Have you had a chance to discuss it with them yet?
    Yay for life coaching and positive feedback :) I love your vest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always find amazing vest and waistcoats while thrift shopping, but I am crap at styling them. I have a few really amazing ones that just sit in my closet looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a vest person because I never know hw to style them but yours looks very cute and chic and i love the whole combo! And awww the wallpaper with the hearts! i want it for my home please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for the comment! You are so lucky to be living in london. all that inspo. I hope things pick up at work- great outfit!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I love the image of the barn, that's so random! That waistcoat is a great find too, I love the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank-you for the comment,
    i love love love love your outfit.. how many pictures did you get developed? that barn is gorgeous, i love the wall paper
    enter my giveaway? <33

    ReplyDelete
  18. hope your interview went well! i've never been particularly good at them, i get too nervous and end up tripping over my words.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw sorry to hear things are not good at work. Hope they start looking up soon:) Your outfit is so whimsical and romantic...very lovely. I love the waistcoat on you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your wasitcoat! Hope everything at work is going okay and thankyou for your lovely comment as always! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't give up dearest. You are so brave for pusuing the things you love, I know good things will happen for you!

    xx and hugs

    Jhordyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh man, what an awful thing to happen - recruitment agents should have more tact! On the plus side, I absolutely adore your waistcoat :) I was meant to go to the vintage fair, did you end up going? Any good? Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow that's a beautiful waistcoat! I wish I'd known about the flea markets when I was in Berlin. That mock-interviewing technique is a great way to get some practise, especially when you get some constructive feedback afterwards too jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to hear about your problems at work, I hope things pick up soon, maybe you could have a word with your boss and explain the situation.

    Love the outfit :) Did you end up going to the Vintage Fair? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow i really love this outfit! :o
    you look so nice :)
    and thank you for your comment <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cardigan is so cool! I love all the textures and colors in it- it's so unique and beautiful! Lucky gal:) I miss H&M so much!

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3