Thursday, 31 March 2011

flowers in my hair

IMG_1633
IMG_1652
IMG_1657

That Primark headband what everyone has. And the night I painted my knees (for the header).

Having been ill, I haven't exactly been wearing anything interesting, today is probably the first day I've felt more "me" again, so maybe I will ask a friend to take a picture (always a vaguely awkward moment I find, depending on the friend).
Last night I went to see Submarine, directed by Richard Ayoade, that most people know from the IT crowd but synonymous for me with the Mighty Boosh and Garth Marenghi's Dark Place (genius show). The film is lovely- the typical understated British fare with lots of humour, including a rather hilarious turn by Paddy Considine as a mystic with a mullet. Go and watch it!

I actually took Monday off work as I was feeling so ghastly, and went in on Tuesday as we had to come in suited and booted for photos to be taken for the website. The "team" page was severely out of date, most people on it don't even work here anymore. So now I have my place on the company website, though not under my best angle I don't think.

Tonight I am planning a little trip to Primark, as it seems they have some rather nice things at the moment (at least a few blogs have shown some interesting goodies, so hoping I find a few things too- it is pay day after all). Also a jaunt to an interesting pub or bar with a friend who is also slightly ill. So we might be ordering rounds of Lemsips to accompany the Strepsils.

21 comments:

  1. The colours in the headband really suit you.
    I'm going to see Submarine at the weekend, can't wait.
    Yeah, office banter is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm glad you're feeling a little better! I want to see that film and after what you've said it sounds like I might enjoy it :) deffo going to wait for orange wednesday though.. is that sad?! haha. I never go to the cinema any other day anymore ahah.
    Your headband looks wonderful on you :) the colours are so pretty :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that headband is so gorgeous. i wish we had primark here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. headband is so pretty!
    I really want to go and see Submarine, it's set in south Wales isn't it? have to see what times its showing in my local cinema..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should get permanent knee tattoos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your knees look sweet! Really want to see Submarine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww sweetie I hope you start to feel better soon, colds are the worst! This is the first time I'm seeing this headband and I think it is pretty amazing, I'm sure it will be perfect to wear with spring dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to read you're feeling better--a nasty flu bug has been going around over here and its the worst! I actually think im coming down with something :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss primark! After a month and a half of backpacking primark is the first place i bought some real shoes and a purse again! I still have some awesome shoes that were like 3 pounds! I hope you feel better soon!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that headband! I want one so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried on that headband and looked like a complete fool! It was very dispiriting. I'm glad you look so cute in it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the headband - need to get myself one of those! Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The place we are staying is called the Swimming Hostel - it's maybe a 15 minute s-bahn ride out of town east, but it's so worth the extra journey. It's only £50 for 7 nights and breakfast is a whole table full of the most delicious fresh food for only a few euros. The chef Cahit cooks the most incredible bread and cakes! I can't recommend it more highly, the people here are amazing and sitting on the deck looking out over the river with the 3 lovely dogs is heaven!

    Berlin is great, isn't it? Did you go anywhere that we should check out?

    x

    http://www.swimming-hostel-berlin.de/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never manage to find anything pretty like this in primark - so pretty!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanna go to primark right now, that flower headband is sooo pretty! and your knees, adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've been wanting to make a larger floral crown, just like this one. the coral and orange flowers are perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you're feeling much better! A bit of retail therapy is sure to cheer you up ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your flower crown! I have been making some for Spring and can't stop wearing them. Cute hearts on the knees as well. Hope you are feeling better! You have a great sense of style and I really enjoyed looking through your blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3