Thursday, 5 May 2011

Back down to earth

So back from my little trip to Spain which was nice, apart from the rain. I hear it was rather sunny in London though windy, which would've been nicer than the torrential rain we had! Still, plenty of gorging on tapas (salmorejo, patatas bravas, tortilla etc.) and drinking and merry making.

However I arrived home to the news that I'd been dreading. My mum's first biopsy results were encouraging, and I feel quite furious with the doctors for putting our hopes up like that- they were saying it was a lymphoma but that it wasn't doing much, she could go back to France and just get checked up every 3 months. Not so with the latest results which indicate high grade lymphoma, meaning 18 weeks of chemotherapy. I had a little cry yesterday but now I feel like I don't want to think about it. I've written down all my fears and worries and don't want to face them again, in a way. It's a good thing I'm moving home in 2 months but I don't imagine it'll be a fun summer at all. Needless to say, all plans to flee the country are on hold.
Although I am even more desperate to leave my job now. Yesterday they fired the newest member of staff, the nicest (and cutest) 24 year old you're likely to meet. Why? Because um, they don't have enough money to pay everyone, because in their blind arrogance they thought they'd weathered the property crisis and would be selling houses left right and centre, and stupidly hired too many staff... On top of this, my colleague (the former bitchy one) was just offered a new job with an upmarket property company in Notting Hill, then they changed their minds and said they had to postpone the recruitment! But even so, it seems like it's time to step up my game and just start applying to things, even if it means potentially taking half days off for interviews. I wish I could just quit, but with two more months of high rent to pay I'm not sure I can risk it (I'm not one of those people who aces interviews that's for sure).

Sorry for the ramblings. Here are nice photos of Cordoba instead (the old Mezquita, Alcazar gardens, flowery street), including a cute cat (felt like I was cheating on Bwackums as this one bunked in with me for a few nights)

blue

flowers

redf

IMG_1886

Oh, and a little outfit photo for good measure (dress from Bershka)

red

37 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos and try to keep your chin up darling, you must be having a really hard time at the moment. hope that your mum makes a quick recovery.

    on another note, that dress looks beautiful on you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that dress is super cute. Rubbish to hear that it rained while you were away - I think it should be the law that holidays are sunny.

    I'm thinking lots of positive thoughts for your mum.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, shame about the rain though! Sorry to hear about your mum being ill, hope she gets better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! I went to Spain last April and loved Cordoba :) http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. positive thoughts your way for your mother!! <3<3<3
    oh how i wish i could go to spain. you pictures are beautiful.
    sorry to hear about the rain though.. always a bummer.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! i love the scenery and the dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really sorry to hear about your mother. Hope everything's all right with her - and with your job. I've seen a couple of your Tweets complaining about it, and I have to say, it sounds like you'd definitely benefit from a change of scenery in that regard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous pictures, very sorry to hear about your mumma, hope everything turns out ok

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww im so sorry to hear that.
    you do have an awesome cat though :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry the news isn't good. But glad you are moving home for a while so you can take care of her while she goes through chemo. I have fingers crossed for you finding another job soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to read about your mum again love.
    Hope the job situation works itself out too. If only money wern't important and we could just laze around eh?!
    Loving the dress. I've never been in Bershka so will have to have a look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOOD MORNING RACHEL AS IT IS 10AM HERE IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY...YOUR LIFE SOUNDS SO MUCH MORE EXCITING THAN MINE CURRENTLY.{BESIDE THE FACT THAT YOUR MOM IS ILL} I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOM. MINE JUST RECOVERED AND IS IN REMISSION FROM CANCER AND RECENTLY HAD A BREAST CANCER SCARE. THE DOCTORS THOUGHT SHE HAD IT AND THEN THEY TOLD US SHE DIDN'T. I GUESS THAT IS HOW THEY PREPARE YOU FOR THE WORST. I AM GOING TO FOLLOW ALONG WITH YOU BECAUSE I ENJOY YOUR WRITING STYLE AND FASHION SENSE. YOUR DRESS DARLING, LOOKS VERY NICE ON YOU. VISIT ME AGAIN SOON. DAWN SUITCASE VIGNETTES XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos

    http://fashiablee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos - I'm currently going to start jobhunting again and I don't ace the interviews, too!! urgh!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear all your sad news :( again, I hope everything goes well with your mum and that things with your work life improve!
    I'm glad you had a nice little getaway though - that dress on you is so so beautiful. Definitely a favourite!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you had a lovely time in Spain despite the rain! We were lucky to have lovely weather except our last day.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, I hope that everything goes well for her and you =)
    And your dress is so cute too =D
    Could you possibly vote for me here? Newcastle's Most Stylish
    Thank you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing photos but sorry about your mother, you have so much sad news :( But i think soon everything hopefully will be okay for you =D
    Great blog <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. All I can wish you is nothing but success in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Je suis désolée d'apprendre tout ça à propos de ta maman. Comme je t'ai dit, si je peux t'être d'un soutien quel qu'il soit ce serait une joie pour moi de t'aider.

    Gros bisous et toute mon amitié.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sucks so much, I hope your mum gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time. I would be devastated if any of my family members became ill. Keep positive and hopefully things will turn around.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty photos.. where in Spain were you? Im so homesick now.



    www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com
    www.renegadeloverrr.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, that's terrible news about your mum, keep hoping and things will work out for the best (: xxx

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad the results were good :) all fingers and all toes remain crossed for the both of you!
    Your trip to Spain looks gorgeous, and so does that dress :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. When it rains it pours...

    So sorry to hear about your mum...you (and her) will be in my thoughts...sending strength and love your way!

    Sucky on the job front too...companies can be so infuriating at times!

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute pic's dear! I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, I'm sending positive thoughts your way :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, it looks so beautiful! Holiday envy!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful pictures and lovely outfit. I really feel for you, cancer is fucking scary. Moving home to support your mom is a great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi dear...
    look my post at http://2befab.blogspot.com/2011/05/very-simple-s-s-2011-collection.html
    what do you think?
    xoxo2befab

    ReplyDelete
  30. i'm so sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it lately, i hope things look up soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad you had fun in Spain:) But I will be keeping you and your mother in my thoughts. I really really do hope that everything goes your way, because you deserve it to.

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really hope things with your mum and your job look up soon, I hate those uncertain waves. Your trip to Spain sounds wonderful though.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your red dress!

    missy-daisy.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope everything goes ok for you both. Problems at work are the last thing you need right now. I've just started applying for jobs & just the thought that I'm trying to escape makes work a bit more bearable. I love your photos from Spain & you look fab in that dress, such a great colour x

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3