Thursday, 16 June 2011

Luna and Curious

If you've not heard of the shop Luna and Curious I urge you to go- this is how they describe themselves "an inspired collective who run an exquisite boutique in Shoreditch, London. Offering a cornucopia of finely rendered objects and clothing, Luna & Curious is a must visit destination for all those who seek the pleasures of true value, craftsmanship and beauty."
Obviously I can't really afford anything there apart from their star shaped hair grips (even the teapots are around £60!) but it's nice just to have a browse at the interesting and unusual objects. Anyway I went on Tuesday as my friend Amber had a little gathering at the shop to showcase her beautiful menswear label that she runs with her boyfriend. They do impeccable tailoring, luxury fabrics and quirky prints. Also amazing shoes- D is desperate for the pair in the last photo!
It's actually D's birthday today, the big 2-5. I bought him a couple of nice shirts, Lyle and Scott socks, The Phantom of the Opera (the book), Marathon Man on DVD and clearly the most inspired present of all- dinosaur temporary tattoos. We're going to Little Bay for dinner tonight, alas not as a couple but with siblings and partners and parents (11 in total, so far from cosy). Little Bay is amazing if you don't know it- everything is amazingly cheap if you order before 7pm.

PS: I'm thinking of doing a little giveaway soon, just because. Possibly a tea cup and saucer and a few other things, we'll see!

IMG_1934

IMG_1939

IMG_1933

IMG_1932

IMG_1937
IMG_1938

23 comments:

  1. That set of plates/cups/teapot etc. is so cute!

    Laura - White Winters

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those brougues!
    ceeharvey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I want the crockery! So, so cute!

    Those brogues are gorgeous too. D should definitely treat himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of those images you posted are soo cool :) The brogues are amazing, :) my email is patsy_berrisford@hotmail.com so if you do want to be penpals send me your address or email me and i'll send you mine :D
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!
    X

    www.freshlysqueezedfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the pieces do look amazing! I love the picnic hamper :)
    And Happy Birthday D!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that pair of black and white shoes is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to D, I hope the family dinner goes well!
    Wow, everything is so nice, I love shops like this, even if they are out of my price range :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. those shoes are SO cute! and i love your blog header!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!!! Niklaas (my boyyy) would LOVE those shoes. Gosh! He would be drooling right now, hehe. I love that collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will need to check out this shop, looks so cool and I love your images.
    Hope your boy had a good birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, looks fab! Love the brogues :) Have a great weekend oh, and love the header! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty pictures, love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw wow this seems like my kind of shop <3

    thanks for stopping by my blog claire, x

    http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of my old tutors have collections at Luna & Curious, I've been meaning to go there for a while! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the photos. I love the brogues, too! I really should invest in a pair.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like a great shop and I really like your new header! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. it looks incredible, i will def. be making my wat over there next time in in the east!

    www.befrassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, how I've always dreamt of having a little shop of my own, perhaps one day? I especially adore the shoes and the cups and plates, so cute! I have been scouring my own city lately for shops which are lost treasures. Lovely post dearest!

    xx and hugs

    Jhordyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing Brand!!! A x

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3