Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Peachy Keen

So, I'm back from Latitude (well, I was back yesterday, but battling my mother's computer to blog wasn't a top priority). I think it rained more in Suffolk than most other parts of the country, apart from Friday when we had glorious sunshine. We had fun. We drank a lot of wine, and Pimms. And saw lots of bands, and poetry and comedy. Highlights include the Friday night in the Cabaret tent where they put on a 1961 themed night, dressing the tent as the Razzle nightclub- we were taught the jive and the twist, watched The Two Wrongies (very wrong), and had a good laugh. Also, the live episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks was rather funny too.

Best bands: Echo and the Bunnymen, Foals (though was nearly crushed in the mad tweenage crowd), Suede, Chapel Club.

Celebs spotted: Two- Alexa Chung (exchanged a knowing smile with her), and in D's words "the blonde sister from Lark Rise" (Pearl and Ruby Pratt they're called in the series).

Number of people seen faint: Two.

Happy News: My mum went for a scan last week to see how the chemo was working and apparently it is, and there "no sign of active disease" anymore. So hurrah!


Here is an outfit that is all entirely new, I don't have this happen often, but I was lucky enough to receive some gift cards from my birthday for New Look and UO. (My mum took the photos, cue "smile and look into the camera Rachel!!")

latitude 002

latitude 004

latitude 005

latitude 001

latitude 007

(please excuse weird colour toes, and all different shaped photos)


Also the lovely Brittney from Flow Disruption tagged me with the "Lovely Blog Award" and I have seven facts to reveal. This is just off the top of my head so it's rather random.

1. I have a teddy bear called Rancid (..) and have had since around November 1986. He got his name because I vomited on him, apparently. He's gotten smaller and more threadbare (or threadbear (sorry)) over the years, and now lives with my mum (well, on her bed).

2. I was once invited to attend an "Entente Cordial" event (celebrating 100 years of Franco-British agreements) in Paris in 2004, as part of a group of seven from my school. I went to the Elysee Palace and Matignon, and was in the same room as Tony Blair (blah), and Jacques Chirac, then President. Woo!

3. I have a scar on my left thumb with seven stitches, from when I picked up a piece of broken glass in the sink (youch). This happenend on the 31st of July 2000.

4. I seem to be able to remember random dates and things even ages after the event, so I'm often saying things like "no, no, it *was* in 2003" (hence the above).

5. Please don't ever feed me celery, because I will not, ever, eat it. Yuck.

6. I communicate with my cat by meows, he's very talkative

7. Sorry I can't think of a seven right now (cop out, I know).

I tag anyone who cares to reveal seven facts :)

50 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun at Latitude, that Friday night sounds ace!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dress, sounds like you had lots of fun :)

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable dress, love your shoes. Glad you had a great time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news about your mum, that is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a right laugh - I even vaguely remember Suede!!

    And great news re your mum!

    And I love your outfit!!
    Julia @ Retro Jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear about your mom, and yay for new outfits! (not that those are of equal importance, of course). I actually like celery, but I get that it's a bit of a weird vegetable. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shoes & your key necklace :)

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty dress! That is great news about your mum :)

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear about your mum, that is such good news! Your outfit looks pretty as well, I like the lace bit at the back. I love your teddy bear fact and name haha! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had such an amazing time at Latitude! So jealous that you saw Alexa Chung!
    And beautiful new outfit,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your dress, is sooooo pretty! Very nice blog sweety!
    Hugs&Kisses, Dominika

    www.rosenormality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your mum is better :)
    Cute outfit, and my mum always tells me to smile in photos too aha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Latitude sounds like a blast! Glad to hear about your mum getting better too. Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely dress! I especially like the back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your dress and the key necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing news about your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful dress!! you look great!! www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you for the comment on the drawing! unfortunately it's not my dog..
    ooh i went to latitude too! foals were amazing!

    love, alice (:
    youarelikeahurricane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are much too kind! Thank you for the wonderful comment.

    I'm absolutely in love with this dress, by the way. Stunning.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo, your key necklace & dress are gorgeous. :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful news about your mum! I think she must be related to my mum - she does the exact same thing when she's taking photos of me. "Don't look at the floor...smile!"

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a great weekend and even greater news about your mum! I love the pictures, and the 7 facts about you are hilarious and interesting. http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute dress!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh, Latitude sounds incredible! Glad you had an amazing time. I absolutely <3 Echo and the Bunnymen!! I agree, celery is gross...I won't go near it, even when drenched in peanut butter. I communicate with my cats too and get some very strange looks for doing so..hehe. Your peach dress is a dream:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've always wanted to go to Latitude, so far I've only ever done Reading and Bestival which was great, but Latitude looks more like my kind of festival. Glad you had fun, shame about the rain, but thats England for ya!

    Dress is gorgeous too by the way :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. love your dress!especially the back detail:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such good news about your mum. You must both be thrilled. Jealous of Latitude. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. your dress is really pretty.. really like the back of it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't believe that you saw Alexa Chung. I probably would have freaked out and hugged her like a spaz.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  30. i love the golder key necklace!!!


    www.therougelipstickdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm glad your mom is doing well!

    I LOVE the dress and shoes, especially together. :) The "threadbear" comment made me laugh. I meow back at my kitty, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. great dress& beautiful outfit! love your style<3

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful news all round! That's especially brilliant about your mum, what a relief to know things are looking up! Latitude sounds brill, I went last year when it was an absolute DESERT, but NMTB especially sounds hilarious! Saw Mickey Flanagan (sp?) last year and he was definitely a highlight ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely outfit...sounds like a great weekend. Jealous you saw Alexa Chung in the flesh!!

    www.theheadlessmannequin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's so cool that Alexa Chung smiled at you :-), I don't think I've met any celebrities that have smiled at me! glad you had a lovely time at Latitude, and fantastic news about your mum, I bet you're so pleased and relieved!

    Your dress really suits you, I really like the colour on you. Those shoes are amazing too!

    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome news about your mawbear sweets, and loving those shoes with that floaty dress...

    massive WIN all round!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. a wonderful post, so glad your mum is better! your family must be so pleased. also i loved reading your random facts especially about Rancid the bear -x-

    ReplyDelete
  38. That dress is beaut!
    Glad you had good time at latitude but even more glad that your mum is okay, give her all out best!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sounds like a fantastic festival! Love that dress - the colour is gorgeous on you, and I adorte the back!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've featured your blog on my Spotlight On... feature this fortnight cos I love it so much! Check it out on my blog

    www.rosie-glow.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. that's a really romantic looking outfit

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. very nice news about your mum rachel :)

    ps)on the dates-thing I am the polar opposite from you, I cannot seem to remember a single one!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Simplicity is somtimes the best

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3