Friday, 28 September 2012

My beauty essentials

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


A beauty post! From me! Yes, I am not a beauty blogger. I do read some posts with interest (and love looking at people's nail designs), although really I don't find reading a review of Vaseline that exciting.
Anyway, here are some products I can't do without at the moment. Some are quite common in the blogging world, and a couple are maybe a bit more unusual.

01. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm- It is expensive but I find this works wonders when applied over my daily moisturiser and before product 02. I can get dry patches and this sorts them out in no time. Also it smells nice (maybe not to everyone's taste of course).

02. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream- Yes I bought into the BB cream hype, and this has lasted me ages. I think I bought it in February or March. Good for evening out skin tone and hiding any blemishes.

03. Hei Poa pure Monoi oil- Love this. I'm not sure Monoi is that big in the UK, it's sometimes added in to suncreams and comes from Tahiti . You can use it on your skin, in your hair, in the bath, after sun burn..it promises to balance, nourish and restore your skin. I love products that can be used for different things. I apply it on my arms and legs, it smells quite strong at first (this one is vanilla) but gradually leaves behind a subtle scent. I bought this in a pharmacy in France (don't get me started on French pharmacies, they are amazing. Srsly.) Strangely, you can buy it on Amazon.

04. Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub- I love the smell of this. You can put it on dry skin before getting in the shower to exfoliate, do it in the shower and use it on your hair!! It lathers up a treat and promises to add volume to your tresses. Again, a multi purpose product, I love.

05. Not really a beauty product, but one of my fav perfumes at the moment, Miss Dior Cherie. I can still smell it at the end of a long day, always a plus in my book.

19 comments:

  1. I love Miss Dior, its such a beautiful sent, good choice!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are grand! Love the Dior perfume too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post! i'm tempted to try the lush scrub! :) i think i'm the only person who hasn't actually smelled Miss Dior haha :)

    lashesandlaces.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo the Rub Rub Shower Scrub is fab, I love the smell as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with Monoi oil! It's the best moisturizer ever and smells like heaven :) And anything from Lush is wonderful. I swear I could easily spend hours in their little shops trying to figure out what to buy. I've never tried that scrub but I highly recommend their Mange Too massage bar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay glad someone else loves the Monoi :D xx

      Delete
  6. 'although really I don't find reading a review of Vaseline that exciting' hahahahha! This made me giggle. I know what you mean though, some beauty reviews are dire when they are about products that everyone and their gran uses.

    Love the sound of the Flash Barm and Rub Rub Rub Scrub! I haven't smelt Miss Dior before, but I love the advert. Is it quite a sweet smell, or more flowery?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure really, I'm quite bad at describing things like that! :X

      Delete
  7. Hi chick, thanks for your lovely comment xx

    Fab post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. French pharmacies are pretty much the best thing in the world! I have been meaning to try some BB cream for aaaaages, everyone seems to rave about it!

    I love Miss Dior Cherie, I bought the Blooming Bouquet one a month or so ago, I love it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so many good things about the Clarins Balm!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lush products, and their packaging never fails to make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is such lovely review sweetie :)

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi! im a spanish male blogger. Maybe you like my style and want to follow me. Kisses

    www.showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi! im a spanish male blogger. Maybe you like my style and want to follow me. Kisses

    www.showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHat a lovely post! I love reading about other peoples products... its inspiring =)

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3