Thursday, 15 November 2012

Bed time chats with Becca

For my second guest post I'm handing over to Becca from Diary of a Diva , probably one of the funniest blogs around. She just has an awesome sense of humour (and I never really use the word awesome so don't mean it lightly)...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Bed time chats



For me, bed time chats are of the same quality as when I’ve had one too many gin and tonics, something about lying in bed, trying to sleep makes me want to chat absolute shit (feel free to bleep that out Rachel) and my other half Lee is on the other end. Last night I asked him if he ever thought about his own funeral, as I have a few times. My point was I’m a fun kind of person and I want to put the FUN in funeral with ball pits and shizz, maybe a disco. At this point he told me to ‘just stop talking now Bec’, fair enough really. In the end he said he had never ever thought about his own funeral, he probably has far better things to think about.

This isn’t a one off, I talk about sea monsters, our future, my deep desire to have a pet and just anything that pops into my head. It’s kind of satisfying to know that my drivel is keeping him awake, until I realise he has actually nodded off and is just sleep mumbling, nodding in agreement or automatically put his arm on me. This happens a fair few times, especially if I wake him up to share an irrational worry about burglars or gun crime.

During the day we’re too busy watching box set after box set, talking about work or eating to have random chats, and because of this I look forward to going to bed and being able to reel off some nonsense that neither of us will really remember, nor care about in the morning.

If Lee isn’t there I make it my business to spout off on Twitter or to my friends, there is always time in the day to annoy someone with your inane chat.

Anyone else have weird night time chats? Or someone you bother with your drivel?

B

11 comments:

  1. I'm such a weirdo. Glad this is going out the 900 people.

    Jokes, thank you for the kind words lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally talk drivel. Even when I can tell people are drifting off to sleep. Sometimes it just comes and I can't stop it. That's probably why I have a blog. To let off steam.

    Anyway, thanks for a lovely post! I shall be following from now on. I've got a guest slot next week so come back to read... :)

    Sally @ The Cafe Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will be. Thank you! xx

      Delete
  3. I love night time chats too! I never really thought about it, but it is my favourite time for putting the world to rights, or planning your future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are just so many questions of uselessness that are fun to talk about. I've never given great consideration into my funeral but I laughed at the 'fun' aspect as it had never occurred to me before ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I love Becca's blog - she's hilarious! :-D I'm a big random night-time talker as well....although it's probably not quite so normal to chat when you're on your own so I'll stick to texting!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Night time chats are the best :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm the queen of night time blabber. My bf gets so annoyed! Its just the best time to have your most meaningful and whimsical conversations though. Heehee.

    Maria

    www.mareliwel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so funny! I never do that, maybe I should start... I tend to ramble during the day instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had friends to do stuff like this :(
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3