Monday, 12 November 2012

Cat's guide to Winter essentials

Hello lovely readers of Rachel's blog. : D

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

My name's Cat & I blog over at One hand in my pocket. When Rach advertised for guest bloggers, I couldn't resist offering to write a post. I've been a fan of her blog for ages & absolutely love her style. I was having trouble thinking what to blog about, but finally decided to share with you some of my essential pieces for this season.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

First if all, a chunky knit. Now I know it's obviously far too cold in England to just wear a jumper without a coat when it gets to December, but for those lazy days or evenings curled up on the sofa, knitwear is a must. I actually had this dusty pink one handed down to me from my Auntie, it's originally from Fat Face. It's so snug & the pattern is adorable.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now, who can resist the black boot? Every Winter I go in search for the perfect boot. It's a hard challenge I have to say, but somewhere out there, there will be one for you. I picked this one up from Primark for a mere £18. Only problem being is it's a suede material. Impossible to wear in the rain or anywhere with the slightest bit of mud.. however they are extremely comfy & so in style this year with the studs.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I'm a huge lipstick fan. Whatever the season. However, I always have a Vaseline on hand. My lips are dry even in the summer, so a balm is always a necessity for me. I tend to wear a brighter lip in the Summer & a darker shade in Winter, but no matter what the balm will still be used as a base on my lips.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Moving on to the typical Winter accessory, well one of them anyway, the scarf. Tartan is huge this year, whether it's in the form of a scarf, shirt or even shorts. (I picked up some in a sale for £9 the other day!) I originally think of red when tartan is mentioned, but there are so many different colours tartan can come in. I ordered this scarf on Ebay the other week. It only cost me £7.99 which I thought was a really good bargain.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now this item I actually have Rachel to thank for. The bowler hat. I've seen a few bloggers wear these but after seeing Rach put it together with so many outfits, she totally influenced my decision to buy it. This hat is perfect for those bad hair days & adding a different look to an outfit. However, never ever wear it when it's windy.. unless you willing to tape it to your head or have the patience to hold it every time you walk outside..

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Finally, nail varnish. Now I'm not one for un-painted nails. As soon as one shade comes off, another goes on. I've been loving dark polishes for Winter recently, including reds, greys or dark blue. Add a bit of glitter & your all set to go!



So that's it lovelies, I'd love to hear what your favourite pieces for Winter are this year & please come & visit it me over on my blog, I'd love to hear from you! :) Lots of love, Cat xx

-- Cat xx

One hand in my pocket

14 comments:

  1. can't believe those boots are primark, and your jumper looks so snuggly :) ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree about chunky knits, a definite necessity! xo

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarves are my number one must have. That, and a hot water bottle stuffed down my top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you! ;) Those are all must-have essentials, right now our fave item is a festive Xmas jumper!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these boots and that is such a lovely shade of lippy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! I need some boots xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. such lovely idea for post:)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're adorable ! :)
    And would you mind if I stole your shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect post! I've been looking for this seasons must have items, and this gave me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your blog! Check out mine pleasee?
    http://voguefeeling.blogspot.pt/
    love,
    Maraian xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that knit and the hat is adorable too! Come by and check out my blog, if you like it I would love it if you followed me.

    xo Andrea
    http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3