Thursday, 29 November 2012

Nepal- Impressions

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Here are some of my favourite photos from the trip- temples, prayer wheels, rickshaws, lakes, skies, boats, and above all, lots of colour. (Also I couldn't not put one in of an outfit, this is probably the only bloggable one of the entire holiday, the rest of the time I was dressed like a scruffy child. The skirt I borrowed from a friend at work! Sadly I sat on those peach sunglasses..)

We did a little sightseeing when we first got to Kathmandu- visiting a few temples, marvelling at the flags (and the monkeys), before getting the bus to Pokhara (which is by the lake). From there we set off for a five day trek, which was exhausting, to say the least. The first three days in particular involved a lot of climbing uphill in the heat and more than once I did wonder why on earth we'd paid good money to put ourselves through such pain and misery. But hey ho, we made it, and were rewarded with stunning scenery, sunsets and sunrises, lots of tea, good company and maybe more toned limbs...? We then spent the rest of the trip relaxing in Pokhara by the lake, discovering the bazaar and the Peace Pagoda (underwhelming).
We returned to Kathmandu to haggle and buy up half the gift shops -scarves, rings, boxes, earrings and even a few hand made Christmas decorations. Now it's back to reality (and the cold), but at least the festive season isn't too far away.

Maybe more photos to come..

22 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful, it all looks so colourful and vibrant!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing place, just love these photos!! You look great, glad you had such a great time :)) xx

    La Femme Nouvelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Nepal looks absolutely beautiful! :) My cousin visited once and said the people were lovely :) and you don't look like a scruffy child at all, I love the skirt :). Climbing uphill in the heat does sound tough, but it must have been so rewarding once you reached the top :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW RACHEL your photos are absolutely spectacular! They're reminding me a lot of my travelling days and China, though this looks a lot warmer than when I was there hehe. So pleased you had a brilliant time, and you're right, the festive season will stop you from being too down now you're back in the grey UK <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - really just breathtaking Rachel! It's so far from anything I've ever seen in person and really looks like quite an amazing place to visit. Happy you had such a lovely time! (Of course it goes without saying, I LOVE your skirt as well).

    xoxo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh please more photos! These are so visually GORGEOUS. I can hardly believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours in these photos are beautiful, and love your friend's skirt! Sounds like you had an amazing time, wish I could be somewhere as pretty as this now :) ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have no idea how excited this makes me for my upcoming trip...I'm traveling to the Philippines next month and I can't wait to photograph the entire experience!
    Its beautiful in Nepal, thanks for sharing these with us :)

    Enter to win a statement cuff from ManEater – international giveaway!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness these photo's are absolutely beautiful, you lucky sausage :) They've made me crave the summer so badly!! It looks like you had a lovely time <3 And I love that skirt on you!
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had such an amazing time babe - love all your photos & I bet the views were amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are amazing! It looks like you had an amazing time! I remember when I went travelling around Thailand I also dressed like a scruffy child- in the heat you need to wear whatever keeps you cool! Love the sunnies- shame they didn't survive! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these photos are so amazing and so colourful, like something out of a travel guide. You are a very talented photographer and you sure have captured Nepal well.
    X Jane

    http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow, it sounds so perfet. these photos are so beautiful and YOU! <3 perfect !!!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow it looks amazing - so bright and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like an amazing trip! Love the photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's my dream to go to Nepal!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wowowowowWOW I love the photo with the birds! actually so gorgeous!!
    http://liberatedbylkc.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Everything looks so vibrant and exotic, and just beautiful really!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome issues here. I am very satisfied to see your article.
    Thank you a lot and I'm looking forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?
    Also visit my blog post how to get rich

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3