Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Violet Accents

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

White leather jacket: c/o Warehouse//Dress: Celia Birtwell x Uniqlo//Boots: Office//Rings: Topshop, & Other Stories, Little Nells

I had thought I wouldn't buy anything else from Celia Birtwell's range at Uniqlo, although I had fallen for this dress. When I went in the other day they were randomly reduced from £29.90 to £19.90 which I couldn't really say no to.. and my nail polishes matches too.

We were wandering around Lincoln's Inn Fields just in time for the start of the Tweed Run (someone was actually riding a Penny Farthing). It then started to rain so we ventured into the Fleet River Bakery, as recommended by my Tea & Cake book. Now, all shops and tea rooms and bakeries have off days but the whole experience was somewhat lacking, compared to the other places from the book I've visited to date.

We were there at 3pm and told there was no more brunch or savoury food even though it was all still written on the black boards. Fair enough we thought, it was a little late in the day.. Instead we ordered cake and though the size of the slices was decent, there was a considerable chunk missing from the bottom of D's carrot cake (as in, a chunk was left on the plate with the rest of the cake). I sort of pointed this out but they didn't do anything about it. Then they'd run out of teapots so I had my tea in a plain white mug. You had to order everything at the counter and carry it over yourself to your table.. Then most of the tables were covered with dirty crockery which wasn't the most appealing sight. Either they need more staff on a Saturday afternoon or they need to be more organised! All in all, considering we paid over £11.00 for the two pieces of cake, a herbal tea and a coffee it was quite lacklustre..

Side note: Having tweeted about this the Bakery has tweeted back and offered a complimentary cake and coffee, which is nice of them!

38 comments:

  1. Yay you got the dress! So pretty on you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame the bakery was a bit pants (although the cake does look scrummy!) but hey, at least you get free cake and coffee ;)
    Adore the dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing look,you look beautiful! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is good of them! I'll always forgive a company one bad experience as long as they deal with it properly. It's up to them to impress you second time round.

    The Uniqlo/Celia Birtwell stuff is really confusing me. I had a good look at it online when it was released, decided I didn't like any of it except one bag (and I have too many bags already, so didn't buy it), but now I see bits and pieces appearing in outfit posts and it all looks stunning! Very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress, it's such a pretty print! : )
    Shame about the bakery, I hate it when things like that are a total let-down, glad you got some free cake and coffee because of it though ; )

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunner you are!
    And that sounds like a crappy experience - I agree with you on being disappointed especially when it's so darn expensive to do the whole tea and cake thing.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful print on that dress! Sorry to hear about the bakery :( x, Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress!

    Xenia
    xox

    xensimagination.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. What good customer service! Bad times about it being a bit lacking in the first place, but free cake! Your dress is lovely, and a bargain. We need to organise a tea and cake session together (I'm awkward and allergic to nuts, could be terrible) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The print on this dress is gorgeous! I must head down to Uni Qlo x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute dress!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look super pretty!

    & the cakes..omg! looks super tasty :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. the pattern on the dress is so pretty! disappointing cafes are so annoying - having dirty crockery around whilst eating is one of my pet hates. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwh babe, that's good they've offered you more cake. ;)

    Love your flower ring, it's adorable :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a lovely outfit! gorgeous! love your blog.
    let me know if you'd want to swap buttons. email me at projectadoration@hotmail.com
    xoxo
    e
    http://nine-fortytwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your dress, the colour really suits you :) Your hair and lipstick are looking beautiful too! Those cakes look so yummy, making my tummy rumble :P
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  17. snap! I just posted photos of cakes and this dress in a different colour. I am too obsessed with the Celia range still and wish there was a Uniqlo shop in Ireland instead of having to panic buy online before it sells out all the time...a reduction would have been too good to resist. Love your shoes and purple really suits you!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soooooo cute! I swear your posts keep getting better and better...

    Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. aww this dress is gorge. and it's shame about the tea shop, as that cake looks amazinggg! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's annoying about the tea shop, nice of them to offer free cake though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look lovely as always - I love the print on the dress! Such a shame about the tea shop but I'm glad they're trying to make amends with free cake :)!

    Seek My Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this dress, such a good colour on you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tu es toute mimi dans cette robe ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your dress is so pretty - and the white leather jacket goes perfectly with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your dress and nails are the prettiest pairing ever! Love the little cafe too - I'm a sucker for lovely independents, plus they always have great cake!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That was really nice of them to give you a complimentary cake! Love your dress, it's so pretty


    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look like a beautiful flower child, I love that dress! Free coffee and cake sounds fab :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. stunning and so kind of the place o do that x

    ReplyDelete
  29. yay what an adorable photo shoot ! you look so wonderful, just like a doll + the background <3 fairy tale!

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. your beautiful posts make me miss london so much! you look lovely as ever and those boots are especially fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look stunning, that's a really pretty dress, pastel blue colours suits you very well. I always think if you've been lusting over something and it gets reduced it is always a sign to grab it and buy haha. You made a good purchase that day!

    It's not on really when you get served like that, especially as you pay so much. I've had that experience though, where it's later on in the day and I feel as if the staff just want to go home. I hope the cake was at least nice though! It does look it I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  32. beautiful photos are your dress is just gorgeous
    xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful dress and nail color! <3

    ReplyDelete
  34. Give me this dress, it's stunning :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  35. Look like a great dress for a cool day, loving the patterns xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Rachel, I love this dress and your rings! What a horrible cafe experience =(, despite how delicious the baked goods look!


    Jo
    www.thelittledandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. What an awesome outfit matched with awesome pair of designer footwear.. Loved it..! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3