Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Pin It Forward UK

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Pin It Forward UK 2013


I was rather happy to take part in the #PinItForwardUK campaign, which sees bloggers introducing Pinterest and one of their favourite boards to their followers and then passing the baton on to another blogger or two, which is a nice form of collaboration :) I've not really been Pinning for long- it's taken me a while to get into it, to be honest. I think it depends on what your online habits are- if you just log on to emails/facebook/blogs you may not think in the 'Pinterest mindset'.

But if you like browsing for all sorts of pretty bits and pieces of inspiration for your home/ garden/ wardrobe/ holidays or just like looking at cute kitties all day, then Pinterest is for you! With the handy "pin it" button you can pin anything you come across, whether that's a bag you're coveting, tattoo inspiration, hot men or flowers in jars which is one of my weaknesses (or should that be the hot men?....)
Anyway there's something about the simplicity of pretty flowers in old jars, bottles or jugs that I just love- I know it can be a bit pretentious but I'd much rather a bunch of Tulips or Sweet Williams in an old jam jar than in a fancy schmancy vase.

If you fancy joining Pinterest, you can do so here ! . And you can check out my pins here: Cold Knees Pinterest

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


So I'm now handing over to three bloggers:

Vic at Frankly Vic , who posts gorgeous photos, and is "on a mission to live a simple but adventurous life", which sounds perfectly sensible to me. She also of course has a Pinterest worth checking out here , which features a lot of crafts (some beauutiful quilts), nifty hair ideas and home inspiration.. well there's a lot there so go check it out for yourself.

Charlotte who blogs at Anknel and burblets , providing "ideas and inspiration for modern rustic living". Go forth and check out her pinterest too, right here . She's got some gorgeous interiors pins as well as flowers, nature and bath tub ideas (which I personally love).

And finally Karine, a French expat living in London, who blogs at Bodie and Fou and has an online concept store. She also has a gorgeous Pinterest here with all sorts of home d├ęcor inspirations.

10 comments:

  1. Very cool. I have a pinterest that I use on and off because I also have a tumblr. But, I enjoy finding different stuff on there - especially new recipes, haha!! I have to lay of pinterest sometimes because the food pics on there just make me want to eat, haha :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get myself a pinterest account! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating in Pin It Forward UK, Rachel! You have found amazing inspirations on Pinterest! I love putting flowers in jars around my apartment too, so I can't wait to try some of the ideas you pinned to your Flower Board (all the images make me smile!). The sea glass vintage glass bottles with wild flowers are gorgeous! Lauren, Community Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'adore la premiere photo ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this style,having flowers in my room always makes me really happy...amazing photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah such a good idea. :D

    Lovin' all these flowers. :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea! I have only more recently got into pinterest but I love all these finds! Pretty flowers, barnwood, and mason jars, and I'm a happy camper! Have a great weekend!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I love Pinterest! Followed you just now xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun campaign to be a part of! I can't get enough of Pinterest, that's for certain. All the pretty photos, outfits, and DIYS...gah! Yours looks dreamy Rachel - I'll have to head over to check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love that last picture! I have pinterest but I don't use it nearly as much as I should!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3