Thursday, 15 August 2013

Apartment tour- the edit

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Blouse: Chicnova* (Yes bunnies in high heels..)

I love seeing pics of other people's homes but thought an edited version would work best- you probably shouldn't see the overflowing bottom of the range Ikea wardrobe, the bathroom that needs a revamp and the usual assortment of odds and ends that lie about not looking particularly photogenic. So here are some of the walls in our flat (apartment sounds better though, even if we are in North London, not the Marais).

My new pride and joy is this snazzy chrome antelope head sent to me from Out There Interiors . I had a good long peruse before choosing- I love old furniture but any weird and wonderful accessories also float my boat, and I've been after some sort of (not real) animal head for a while. This antelope now sits on a wall as you come up our stairs, gazing down on all who pass by.

Other things I've amassed over the last few years include my little elephant mask from Nepal, some heart-shaped pieces from Mexico, a little door-shaped mirror from Morocco, various prints and pictures from Ebay, Etsy and second hand shops, and somewhere there is a black and white photo of my mum in the sixties.

Our other pride and joy is our new sofa- D and I still gaze at it lovingly from time to time- for the last two years we've had a not very nice printed sofa that someone was throwing out on the street (we kept finding stuff they'd shoved down the sides), so it's nice to finally have our own sofa..

28 comments:

  1. Amazing photos,love your apartment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love all the little knick knacks! And how cool is your shirt?! NEED!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely space Rachel! Love your blouse too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! That shirt is amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sofa is lovely, no wonder you're so bloody proud of it! I want to move into your flat and stare at the pictures and decorations all day long. How does that sound? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flat looks gorgeous and I LOVE the antelope :) you look pretty too!
    Cute blog :)
    Keep in touch!
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww absolutely amazing flat, love how you've decorated, really cool! :)

    And you are looking lovely as always!! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coucou miss,
    Oh ton blog est superbe !!
    J'adore ta chemise avec les petits lapins, c'est trop chou.
    Des bisous, Créatilde
    Il y à un nouveau DIY sur le blog !

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off, your shirt is bloomin' amazing! And your apartment looks so nice! I am crazy in love with your sofa. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay your flat is amazing !! super stylish <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, I truly love everything. I've been intending to do a similar post for awhile now, must get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely apartment, love your top :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your place is so cute! I love having a nosey around people's homes as well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bunny is super cute and you have a gorgeous home dear. Love how you display that dress (is it TBA)? and the Antelope is priceless! I just adore your style and blog dear, so lovely. Your newest follower on bloglovin =)

    http://www.girllilikoi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And good spot, it is a tba dress! x

      Delete
  15. I love love the detailing on the shirt. Beautiful flat, liking those bits and bobs!

    x
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your place is beautiful love, all of those mismatched frames on the wall is my dream! Especially love that sofa too, it looks ever so snug :) <3 Claire at Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your sense of style, the apartment looks great.

    Stacey xx
    www.talk-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not surprised to hear that you're both still gazing lovingly at your new sofa - I would be too!
    Ah, what a tantalising glimpse of loveliness...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your apartment is so freaking dreamy! And im also in love love love with your shirt (and equally your blog!)

    x Eloise - Jazzlipsandtulips

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your apartment is lovely, I love all the bright frames!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the little cute decorations on the wall, the goat is my favourite!

    Check out my latest outfit post on blog! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my - love it Rachel! All your wall decor is so perfect - not to mention so is your blouse :-). Dreamy indeed!

    xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is the cutest rabbit shirt I've ever seen! I want it aha. I love your blog and found you through instagram :) I'm a new follower

    drainedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3