Friday, 13 September 2013

Barcelona- Part I

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Dress: Choies*//Sandals: Ebay//Bag: Zalando*//Sunglasses: Primark

So here's a snap shot of some of our time in Barcelona. These outfit photos weren't taken in the most colourful of surroundings but there we are. I was sent this dress by Choies and it was perfect to take on holiday- another tent-style addition meaning I could eat and drink to my heart's content. Luckily I wore cycling shorts underneath as the results when we climbed up the Jesus statue on top of the Tibidabo cathedral were quite hilarious in the wind (think Marilyn Monroe's air vent picture, minus the glamour).

Despite saying we wouldn't do too much we ended up covering quite a lot of ground. D and I had both been to Barcelona before which took some of the pressure off; spookily we were both here in March/April 2002- me on a Year 11 Spanish trip, D on a weekend with his Dad- and we also spent an evening there on our way back from Benicassim in 2008. Aside from covering some of the usual Gaudi sites I also wanted to check out some of the locations from Carlos Ruiz Zafon's books (The Shadow of the Wind, The Angel's Game & The Prisoner of Heaven). So here we are at Tibidabo which is mentioned in the books- you can get an old blue tram part of the way up the hill, then a funicular (pictured). Park Guell also features a bit in the second book. Stay tuned for the next post featuring cemeteries, cats and cable cars (and more things that don't start with a c).

21 comments:

  1. Love your dress. Have always wanted to go to Barcelona...so gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barcelona, I've only been one time but would love to go again, so much to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Barcelona but want to go SO BAD, everything looks so colourful there. I'll be back for the cats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this looks utterly gorgeous Rachel. I want to visit!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous you've been to Barcelona, it's somewhere I've been wanting to visit for a long while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, all these photos are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that dress is so so cute! Beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waaa looks amazing! Glad you had a fab time.
    I realllly want to go.
    Love your dress too!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you're going to the less touristy bits of Barcelona! I go every year for Primavera Sound and it's so nice to get off the beaten track.

    PS - Your look reminds me of:

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5RpPxCK-fSs/UKQDFNCspUI/AAAAAAAAzx0/uA8KKK3XAow/s400/TWIGGY12.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks amazing babe, your dress is fab too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing photos and you look gorgeous - love it! :):) Hope you had a great time! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barcelona is near the top of my must-see holiday destinations list. The architecture looks so interesting and it was really nice to look at all of your pictures. Your dress is super cute by the way. Still love your sunnies too! xx

    LovefromLouLou.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to visit Barcelona especially as I love Carlos Ruiz Zafon's books! You look lovely here, perfect for the heat :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Les photos sont superbes avec toutes ces couleurs ! :) Et j'adore ta robe :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such amazing photos. The color and architecture are amazing. I am now following you on GFC.

    My Blog

    My Vintage Shop

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barcelona is amazing <3 I love Barcelona in your lens <3 And You! You look so amazing :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shadow of the Wind is one of the best books I've ever read. SO GOOD.

    I poured over your instagram photos enviously and these are just as gorgeous, I'm glad you had a good time, and you're looking so freaking glamorous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sad I didn't make it to Tibidabo! Love the lilac wall in that house!

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3