Thursday, 26 September 2013

Barcelona Part III

uk blogger Barcelona tourist tips Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Denim pinafore: Urban Outfitters//Tee shirt: H&M//Ballet flats: Topshop//Bag: Zatchels via Zalando

OR: YAY CATS

So here are the cats of the Poble Nou cemetery. They're pretty wild and unsociable- staring meanly, squinting, watching then running away when you get too close. On our way round we came across a number of these unfriendly felines , and also found various bowls of cat food, water and litter trays dotted around the graves and creepy chapels.. It was a strange place to look around though and pretty deserted- we saw a few people but mostly were on our own as we navigated the various paths and alleys. The rows and rows of burial niches are also pretty different to anything we have here. Once again the cemetery features in The Angel's Game (I promise I'n not obsessed..), but I would say it's worth a visit even if you're not into the books. We didn't manage to go to the Monjuic cemetery that's in The Shadow of the Wind although we did glimpse it in the taxi as we were heading back to the airport- a strange sight to behold the rows of burial niches glittering in the moonlight..

So that is all from Barcelona. If you haven't been yet- WHY NOT.

(Normal service will resume now)

22 comments:

  1. Oh god those cats don't look too friendly. I'm going to miss your Barca posts Rachel!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so many kitties! I love that you take photos of random cats, there always ends up being some cat I saw somewhere in my holiday photos haha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved your Barcelona posts, I want to go more than ever now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 Spain, Barcelona is next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im not sure i like these cats......they make the whole place look rather creepy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful. But, I do not like cats, haha. But, I'd love to see Barcelona one day! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kittens in Barcelona <3 Yay !
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is creepy - but also strangely fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cats! Especially the winky first one :) <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the images you've captured (and the cats obvs!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post babe, I really want to go :(

    The cats look so cute & funny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cats ahaa!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww I am so glad they are fed. they look wild but they look adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  14. those cats <3 gorgeous photos of barcelona, im so dying to visit asap!

    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing photos! Barcelona is so atmospheric <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of the many places I need to go someday. What a curious and haunted cemetery...all those cats! As much as I love cats I do admit so many unfriendly ones like that would creep me out a bit. Your little denim pinafore is perfection Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving all the cats! Barcelona is on my 2014 wish list for places to visit. Hoping to go over Easter :)


    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Barcelona =)... I didnt visit this cementary when I was there... it looks kinda scary hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's great! congratulations! Do you wanna follow each other? let me know! I wait for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. loving your Barca pictures! I haven't been since I was about 13 with my parents and think it might be on my next europe city break destination after seeing these. So many places, so little time! I really love your first photo. I am so excited for Halloween and these pictures are so fitting. It was this time last year I finally got to visit Pere LaChaise cemetery in Paris
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. What's wrong with that cat's eye? I find it weird that they're not friendly towards people :/ Very interesting visiting cemeteries while abroad. It's always different than the tourist-targets.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shit, these guys haven't moved since I last saw them! x

    ReplyDelete

thank you, I love reading your pretty words <3